Cost of Treatment
Treatment provided in FDCP is not free, but provided at a highly subsidized rate. The cost of treatment for eligible patients is set at an hourly rate instead of the typical fee for service model.
- Basic dental services are provided at a cost of $100 per hour of dental time*. (These basic services include extractions, fillings, and root canals.)
- Dental hygiene services are provided at a cost of $50 per hour of dental time*.
(*) The Fundy Dental Community Association [FDCA] is the not for profit society fundraising to cover dental laboratory costs for patients to receive dentures at a reasonable cost. If fundraising efforts are successful, subsequent monies will be used to reduce the patient cost per hour.
Some services are still provided on a fee-for-service basis, including:
- Sedation: oral ($25 / appointment), gas ($50 / appointment), IV ($100 / appointment)
- Partial Dentures: Plastic partial denture to replace missing front teeth ($80) – note the $420 lab fee will be paid for by the Fundy Dental Community Association (FDCA is our not for profit charity)
- Complete Denture: Each denture (upper or lower) is provided at a cost of $200 per arch- note the $525 lab fee will be paid for by the FDCA